- There is extensive evidence that numerous mental health problems appear amongst university students.
- Emotional distress is one of the most common problems appearing in university populations.
- Students are suffering from various forms of mental distress to quite extraordinary and unprecedented extent.
- Longitudinal studies have described university as a period of heightened distress where mental health problems amongst students are prevalent.
- There is now a growing appreciation that well-being affects a student’s ability to learn, form meaningful relationships and to live healthy lives whilst in university.
As awareness around well-being grows, universities need to adjust and respond to the growing level of demand.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device