Sleep for Well-Being
Sleep is a crucial factor of well-being.
As adults, we need eight hours of sleep per evening.
Technology in the bedroom is detrimental to our well-being.
Tips for improving sleep patterns:
- Enforce a digital sunset (no technology after sunset)
- Meditate daily
- Read a novel in bed before going to sleep
- Buy a journal and write down three things you are grateful for and three goals for the following day before going to sleep
- Limit coffee after lunch (caffeine can stay in our system for up to 9 hours)
- Exercise daily
- Develop strong bookend rituals to your day (morning/evening)
- Make your bedroom as comfortable and as conducive to sleep as possible (make it a sanctuary)
- Get 1 hour of fresh air daily
- Buy an analog alarm clock (do not use your phone!)