- A healthy body responds to the inevitable stresses of life better than an unhealthy one, and good nutrition is an essential building block of good health
- Proper nutrition can help us improve our health, prevent certain diseases, achieve and maintain a desirable weight, and maintain our energy and vitality.
- Eating well can help prevent or control high blood pressure, heart disease, indigestion, constipation, hypoglycaemia, diabetes, and obesity.
- Good eating habits may also reduce irritability, PMS, headaches, and fatigue
- Unfortunately, the foods that people eat for pleasure are not always nutritionally sound
- Consuming either too much or too little of one or more nutrients or energy can cause malnutrition
- All of the essential nutrients must be present in our diets in certain minimum quantities if we are to remain healthy
- The amount of a nutrient that is optimal is an amount that will avoid deficiencies and excesses and optimize short-term and long-term health
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device