- Every day we need to be moving for 40-60 minutes.
- Three days a week we need to be exercising at a high intensity (indicated by a red face, heavy breathing and sweating more profusely) for at least 40 minutes.
- On the other four days we still need to be moving, but a lower intensity will suffice (a brisk walk, a jog, yoga/pilates class).
- When we are awake we need to drink two litres of water per day.
- Two litres of water equates roughly to five glasses of water (or four pint glasses).
- If you are awake for sixteen hours (and you should be), you should be able to find the time to drink five glasses of water.
- By staying hydrated, every cell in your body works more efficiently – which, by definition, makes you a better person.
- We need to have a healthy, balanced and nutritional diet.
- Nutrition, by definition, contributes to health and/or growth.
- If you know what you are eating on a consistent basis is not contributing to your health and/or growth, please stop eating that stuff and instead replace it with a healthier alternative.
- It is very much in our interest. As the old adage states – we are what we eat.
- Every night we need to sleep for eight hours (either continuously, or in two four-hour blocks).
- When we are asleep our minds and bodies are resting, recovering, growing and developing.
- Without adequate rest, we will be forced to operate at a sub-optimum level of personal performance; we will have lower concentration, we will be more vulnerable to the effects of stress and we will experience stunted physical and mental development.
- If we want to be the best version of ourselves we need to sleep - it’s as simple as that.