Skip to content
- The need of human beings to have interpersonal attachments and to feel a sense of belonging with other people is considered fundamental to the species
- Examples of love and belongingness needs include friendship, intimacy, trust, affection and love
- It also includes affiliation, being part of a group (family, friends, work)
- Belongingness needs are innate
- They are universal
- The deprivation of satisfying these needs can have negative consequences for the individual
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.